Sep 22, 2009

How to make a Pirate Hat

Ahoy there! Recently we were invited to a pirate themed birthday party where DD had to wear a pirate dress.

Here is a pirate hat that I made for my daughter. Its quite simple to make.

1. All you have to do is grab 3 sheets of newspaper (two sided- no half sheets) for making a sturdy hat.
2. Spread it out infront of you sideways.
3. If you fold on the front at the middle from both sides (leave a little bit of space in the middle), 4. Take the first 3 sheets, fold them up and crease it. Do the same on the back side of the hat.
5. Measure your child's head size and staple it on both sides of the head so that it fits nicely on the head. Now the base of the hat is done.
6. You may use black construction paper or paint to colour the hat. I painted the hat black and sketched a skull on it to give it the pirate hat look.
7. I also added ribbons to the hat so that it could be fastened on her neck.

There you go, Mates! Your hat is done.


3 comments:

two pixels photography said...

that's a nice hat :). thk for dropping by my blog. JC transportation is quite limited :(, even in ttdi I might have problem

amolsledge said...

Thank you for dropping by and for your appreciation.. keep coming to my blog.. hope to keep it interesting..

Your blog too is interesting.. I liked the ellie done by RU.. she is born with the talent.. & it is good to know you are nurturing the same..

Mutuelle sante said...

Great information on how to make a pirate hat. Extremely detailed and pretty excellent advices. Thank you