May 2, 2009

My Shichida Testimonial

I’m writing this testimonial to share with others the remarkable progress of my daughter after she joined Shichida at 7 months. Shichida is a school for right brain development which was started by a Japanese person Makato Shichida many many years back. The techniques used has been found to be useful and successful not only in Japan but also in other countries like Singapore and Malaysia.

At 12 months, she knew how to blow, paste stickers, said ‘Happy’ while I was showing her the ‘Feelings’ flashcards. She could also say simple words like ball, fan etc.

At 18 months, she started speaking many words. She knew the phonics song, the different sounds of animals etc.

At 20 months, she started talking sentences, could match and sort shapes, colours, etc.

At 24 months, she could sing the ABCD song and many other nursery rhymes, had letter recognition from A-Z, knew number counting till 15-20, correctly. A friend of mine (another Shichida parent) showed her a bird flashcard and she immediately said ‘Sparrow’. I do many flashcards with her - one category being ‘birds’.

Now, at 25 months, she has good photomemory, ESP, linking memory, loves drawing and singing, can write few letters and knows her opposites : tall-short, heavy-light, and simple addition like : 1+1, 2+1.

Sensei has played a major role by being very supportive and encouraging and making the activities enjoyable leaving a mark of her charming personality. Also, she has inspired me to keep following the program regularly at home.

Thus, I have experienced how a good program like Shichida, positive interaction by a good teacher and regular home practice can help in overall child development. I would recommend Shichida Method to all parents...and no, Shichida hasn't paid me for writing this. :D I am just too pleased with Shichida.

6 comments:

LittleLamb said...

this is indeed very good info.
I have yet to bring philip to school. Probably in 2-3 months time. By then he is already 20 months.

Ur daughter is doing remarkably well... i m so glad for her.. n u..

anney said...

Thanks for sharing this! Your daughter is a fast learner. Good for her!

etceteramommy said...

Ru is doing very well in all aspects. Must commend on the hardwork mommy is putting in. Not many mommies are diligent in home practise. :D

My boy too has been with Shichida for close to 2 years. While I see positive progress, I plan to take a break after the term ends just to explore other out of school activities.

Btw, my boy is with BRMCK at Bukit Timah in Singapore. :D

etcetereamommy said...

Oopss... and Have a wonderful Mother's Day. :D

Yaggya said...

@Little Lamb, Eagerly waiting to know how Philip takes to school. Children love children's company besides anything else. My daughter even wants to go on Sundays!!!!

@Anney, Thanks for your compliments. Lets hope it continues this way. Keeping my fingers crossed.

@etceteramommy, Thanks a lot. yes it takes lots of self motivation, and i lose interest once in a while too but start again. Hope you can find some good place for out of school activities. Keep us informed.

Yaggya said...

Happy Mother's Day to all YOU Mums too. :)