Mar 10, 2009

Is imagination more powerful than knowledge?


ABCD is the starting point of formal education. I have been singing the ABCD song to her since she was a baby. She is 2 years old now. I am glad that she recognizes the letters of the alphabet though she does get confused at times.
This is my first attempt to capture her singing the ABCD song.

While she fishes out all the alphabets, her subconscious fingers are busy with something else. Its her imagination at work again. She is making a fishing rod. Remember I posted about this a few posts back. This time its a straw and a cloth peg. It is interesting to see how children can make such connections in their day to day life.

Last time it was the rope hanging from the xylophone rod and a peg. 

5 comments:

MommyAngel said...

Oh .... she is just so cute and she can really sing the ABC song very well!! Well done!!! My little girl is about her age but she doesn't talk much words yet, she only knows how to recite her A-Z but not as clear as your girl (especially the W .... ) but when it comes to singing .... hahahaha, still 'flat' :P

Yaggya said...

Thanks a lot Mommy Angel. For the letter W that she is not pronouncing properly just slow down and stress on the intonation. You can ask her to say (double U)She will soon get it. :)

MommyAngel said...

Thanks for the tips Yaggya. My girl is somehow quite slow in terms of speech but I am working on it :)

I just can't wait to hear her sing like your little girl, she is just so adorable!!

2ma said...

yaggya, u r really a cool mommy! just wondering if u r a teacher?? u really can observe all the small details of ur kid...which many of us will overlook

Yaggya said...

Thanks 2ma. Its just my nature, i guess to observe little kids, specialy mine. I am not a teacher, I am a learner (still learning). :) I perhaps have some influence from my mom being a principal of 2 schools (now retired) back in India.