Mar 13, 2009

Painting without Paint

My little one was introduced to 'Magic Painting' today. It's something I had loved doing as a child. I wanted to pass on the fun activity to her.


I dipped the brush in water and held the brush in her hand to make a stroke on the paper. She was so amazed to see the brush create colours after being dipped in water. She had real fun with it. Watch her enjoying her first magic brush painting (without paint).
Everything was going on fine. And Mummy was quite pleased with the success of the venture.
And then,
within a few minutes,
a CATASTROPHE happened.
And things got out of control.
-
She got over excited.
-
-
She wanted to pour the whole of the water from the glass on to the page.
The more the water, the more the colours, Right?
-
-
We had a little tug of war with the glass of water.
-
-
The END: A glass of water in my hands, tears in her eyes and a semi-flooded paper.
-
-
Once the water dried on the page and her eyes,
she blinked and looked at the colours on the page.
-
-
That's her first experience of what a brush & a magicpainting book can do.
-
Create Magic!
-
Or rather create droplets everywhere
On eyes, on the floor and on paper. :D
Perhaps, some day she will learn how to use the brush to express her creativity.
-
Here is my little painter who has decided to paint her world
(fortunately without) colours. LOL.







2 comments:

2xMum said...

LOL! Little painter at work!

By the way, where can I get this magic painting?

Yaggya said...

I havent seen it here but u can check at the bookstores. I had bought this book from India.